Hark! A light doth shine from...er.... yonder?

Shhh…. do you hear that?
Seriously, listen closely…
You know what that sound is?
That is the sound of me not having any more post-graduate assignments for this year.  I am now officially diploma-fied for the year and frankly, my masters can effing wait because I am freeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
I may have done this too... with or without a Varren...
Yeah – that’s right bitch.  I don’t care about the use of home-made incendiary devices, or the destabilising effects of drug trafficking on a state’s security regime.  Please don’t ask me about the involvement of non-state actors in sponsoring an insurgency and please please please do not mention the word ‘paramilitary’ at me for the rest of this whole year.
Considering I finish off my masters next year, I deserve to have the rest of this year wading blissfully in video games, art and nothing more brain-straining than deciding what Iron Fist Shoes to buy to add to my work wardrobe.
YES – FREEDOM, SWEET, TASTY BACON FLAVOURED FREEDOM, THY TIME IS AT HAND!!!!
Also – I can drive a tractor, at last…
No drink driving and stabbing things with an omnitool kids...
Having said this – I am pretty full up on activities now that I no longer have academic journals and textbooks to trawl through.
I have a few steampunk projects underway including other ideas for headwear that are not so much Lolita as they are just plain whimsicle fuckery. 
Art by Kevin Bolk - hells to the yeah for gender reversal objectification - its still hot!
But other than pseudo-intellectual crap, I have actually been up to some stuff.  For example:
Yeah, duh.  Like I wouldn’t watch this epic masterpiece of epic masterpieces (Joss Whedon, my uterus is ready, just sayin’).  Apparently we got it premiered one week earlier than the US, which frankly is astounding because we normally get everything late. 
I went to a nice private screening for a charity event where there were an uncomfortably large amount of cosplayers present.  Thankfully, they were actually well made and the two guys who dressed (are rather not) as the Hulk were rather impressive.  That having said, anything that makes me think of JAMES MOTHERFUCKING VEGA from Mass Effect is pretty much impressive.
James Vega, oh man…
I have every right to be sidetracked.
….aaaaaaaaaaanyway.
Saw lots of cosplayers, some of characters who aren’t even in the movie (Domino? what? Cyclops? eh?). Done
Ogled a convincing Hulk Cosplay, bought the collectors cup (also Hulk). Done
Noticed that Steve Rogers (Chris Evans, but who cares amiright?) has a really skinny waist and it just made me love the Cap even more because he suddenly just zoomed up my hotdoodz list.  In terms of the Avengers, Thor is still my man-o-men but even as a kid, the Cap was always my numero uno. Double Done.
Being in a cinema filled with super geeks and nerds can be a tad taxing when everyone is whooping and cheering at practically EVERYTHING on the screen.  I mean, really, we can all see the badassery as well as you can, there’s no need to get hyper enthusiastic about it, really, inside voice please, you’ll enjoy the movie better if you can actually hear the dialog over the sound of your self-congratulatory ‘I know what they’re talking about because I’m so knowledgeable about comics!’ caterwauling.
Yeah… ahem.  Aaaaanyway.
But still, Avengers, thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou… God… ugh, best movie ever.  I’ll probably rant about it some other time.  But if you really want to read the best critique of it out there, read Film Critic Hulk’s Review.  Because its by the Hulk, and also, it is 100% spot on. Also - thank you for reinforcing my love of giant beefy hunks who are actually Sexy Vikings
Also – had a great time at Insert Coins.  It’s a really fun event at Oxford Street’s Art Factory Bar where you can play fun timey retro games all night.  Sadly I didn’t take any photos because my phone camera is pretty crap and all I took was a picture of Chicken playing that puzzle game with the bouncy boobed chibi girls.  I don’t know… I wasn’t paying much attention because me and R ended playing this:
Golden Axe: Where BDSM wear took a wrong turn after Narnia
That’s right, fuckin’A! There was a shit ton of yelling involved and R screaming ‘MAAAAaaaAAAAAGggggGIIIiiiiiiCCCCccc’ every three seconds.  I think we scared the children, who all left by 10:30 on account of them all missing their curfews. 
Also – I didn’t remember Mortal Kombat 1 being that shitty.  And Marvel vs Capcom is still fantabulous.
Also – as my close friends already know… Mass Effect 3.
Emotional breakdown in 3… 2… 1.
We are so not alone on this one - by Brinny.  Also her comic Flashover is made of beautiful and cigarettes... beautiful cigarettes...
I wasdiscussing with the folks at Nekochii that they should make ME3 badges with three coloured supernovas for each ending and a final badge saying ‘PICK ONE!’.  With every purchase you would get a complimentary knock in the head or punch to the stomach.  Because really, it only makes the experience more genuine.  Also – I just saw a Garrus Vakarian girl’s tee on the Bioware store online and OHMYGODHHHHNNNNGGGG SEXY ALIEN MAN!!!!
WHEN YOU ASKED ME TO MARRY YOU ON THE CITADEL I WAS DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR THE YES BUTTON WHAY WASN'T THERE ONE OMGIHEARTYOUARETHEBESTESTBROINTHEGALAXY
ITSTOTALLYCOOLIFITREMAINSPLATONICBUTISTILLWOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahem.
Now that I AM FREE FOREVER FROM THE SLAVERY OF UNIVERSITY, I can catch up on my embarrassingly long backlog of games.  Some sad facts also include the fact that I have yet to finish or even start these:
  • Assassins Creed 2
  • Batman – Arkham City
  • The Witcher 1!!!!!
  • Dragon Age 2 (actually I’m up to Act 2, I must say this is such a crap game even though Isabella is so incredibly gorgeous, but oh so easy to sleep with).
  • Borderlands…. *sigh* (and Borderlands 2 is coming –what the hell man…)
  • Beyond Good and Evil (my kingdom for a day off to play this – seriously, its been sitting there for two years!!!)
But finally, it is with my deepest regrets ladies and gentlemen that I announce my future disappearance as a result of this:
You know it.  I shall see you in hell, or Whimsyshire.
But also!!!
I am going to the Philippines in July YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEeeeYYYYYyyyyy.
This means beaches, shoes, cheap art supplies, food, my cute cousins, white sand beaches, catching up with family, shoes, cheap beer, sunshine and the sea, shoes and shoes!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!
Also – Supernova!!!! Can’t leave Australia without at least seeing one Con.  I think there’s going to be a ToyCon in Manila while in the Phils too, which makes up for the fact that I wont be able to attend Smash this year (again). 
I have finally decided to sort of cosplay/dress up for lulz this year but I shall make it a surprise…can you guess what it is?... probably not.  Unless you keep up with my ranting on Facebook.  I cannot guarantee I will walk the floor sober though. 
I’ll leave it here and hope for the best that I will be able to be more regular in posting.  I also intend on posting a lot more stuff to DA… I can finally do art, what a relief!!
I am also watching the first season of True Blood - is it meant to be funny? because I've been laughing a lot. Also, there is a delicious Viking in it in bad clothing, I have hopes for more better dressed delicious Viking time.
But on this high note of post-assessment euphoria I leave you with this:

  Yeah – I love you too.

Comments

  1. Ah I love you!!! That is all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your newfound freedom.

    Also, I can't belive you didn't like Dragon Age 2. Well, actually I can belive it, since ALL critisism of that game is entirely justified, but I still found alot to enjoy in that game. I really liked the idea of a fantasy RPG taking place in an around a single town, even though the execution of that could have been handled smoother. As in not with sandpaper, as it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well - Dragon Age 2 is really pretty and the graphics are great and the fight system is still wonderful. But godamn is the story boring as hell. The plot is predictable and its so.... ugh, I dont know. DA1 was compelling, some parts were even down right amazing (quest into the deep roads with Oghren?! hells to the yeah that was an epic story arc).
      I am also annoyed that we only got to choose a human. I have a bias and only like dwarves (OMG Varric!). But I did like the small distances to travel too... but I felt no love for Kirkwall.
      Oh also... why didnt sten have horns?! the DA2 Qunari look hella cooler.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Beware! posting a comment may or may not turn you into a special snowflake. On the other hand - ice creams can be delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

There is no ALCOHOL!!!

So this is not christmas yet!!! a.k.a screw you time! you go too fast!